Friends Big Book Sale
314 Chesterfield St. SW, Aiken
Saturday, November 3 @ 10-5
Hosted by the Friends of the Aiken County Public Library in the library’s first floor Meeting Room. Select from used books, DVDS, audiobooks and videos with proceeds going to the Friends in support of the Aiken County Public Library.
- Adult Paperbacks will be $0.50 each or 3 for $1.00
- Adult Hardbacks will be $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00
- DVDS, CDs, and Audio CDs will be $2.00
- Children’s Books will be $0.25 or less!
Seventh Annual Book Sale
204 Park St. NE, Wagener
November 5-15 during regular business hours
- Hardbacks $1
- Paperbacks 4/$1
- Bag of Books $10
Friends of the Nancy Carson Library Foundation Book Sale
135 Edgefield Road, North Augusta
November 15 – November 17
- Thursday. Nov. 15 @ 5-8 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 16 @ 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 17 @ 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Bamberg County Fall Used Book Sale
3156 Railroad Avenue, Bamberg
November 29 – December 1
It’s not too late to donate! Bring your gently used hardcover and paperback books, DVDs and audiobooks to the Bamberg Library on Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. If you need assistance with unloading, please contact the library at (803) 245-3022 to schedule a time.
Please be sure that your donated items adhere to our donation policy. If you need help bringing the books in, please call ahead.
ABBE accepts donations of used books and other collection materials provided they enhance the library system’s collection. We will not accept materials that are not outright gifts, and reserve the right to assign any materials wherever the need is greatest. Because of wear, theft and mutilation the permanence of gifts is not guaranteed.
Gifts of books and collection materials must be in usable condition. Because of limitations of space, money and staff the Library reserves the right to accept or discard any materials given to the library. The Library will make every effort to dispose of gift materials it cannot use to the best advantage, such as through Friends of the Library book sales or recycling.
We request that all donations be clean, gently used, and have white (non-yellowing) pages.
We cannot accept books books with the following conditions:
- Discolored pages
- Water/Smoke damaged
- Torn covers/Missing dust jackets
- Broken bindings
- Excessive writing and/or notes in text
- Withdrawn/discarded library materials
- Dictionaries or Encyclopedias
- Outdated material in the following subject areas: business, finance, health, science, law, computers
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Boxes of books that have been moved directly from long-term storage without climate control. We cannot accept books that have not been properly inspected by the donor due to the possibility of pests or mold.