Non-profit organizations and groups are welcome to use the meeting room of the Edgefield County Library, free of charge, under the Library's regulations. Capacity of the room is 30.
- Organizations or community groups must be of an educational, cultural,
philanthropic, civic, or non- sectarian nature.
- Organizations wishing to use the room should reserve it at least one week,
but no more than two weeks, in advance. Bookings may be made through
the Edgefield County librarian. Any requests for equipment or extra tables
and chairs should be made at this time.
- Library-sponsored programs and activities shall have first priority.
Children's and young people's groups must have an adult sponsor and
must be supervised at all times by an adult (18 or over).
- No admission may be charged and no donations or collections other than
organizational dues may be taken. The Friends of the Library are not covered by
- Meetings are open to the public unless otherwise requested by the organization.
- The meeting room is ordinarily available only during regular library hours.
- If refreshments are served, the organization shall be responsible for seeing that the meeting room and the kitchen are clean and that trash is disposed of at the conclusion of the meeting. No alcoholic beverages may be served.
- Smoking is not permitted in the meeting room.
- The meeting room may be used for exhibits. However, provisions for adequate protection of exhibits shall be made by the exhibitor and the library cannot be held responsible for security nor provide staff to attend such exhibits.
- The librarian cannot call people to the telephone except in cases of emergency.
- Organizations failing to observe library regulations forfeit the privilege of using the meeting room.
- The Edgefield County Library is very proud of the meeting room and happy to make it available to the community. In any publicity concerning meetings in the library, organizations are requested to use the name, EDGEFIELD COUNTY LIBRARY and to make it clear that the library is not the sponsor.
For a meeting room reservation, contact:
Edgefield County Public Library 803-637-4025