POSITION AVAILABLE: Head of Technical Services
- Plans, directs, and manages acquisition, cataloguing, classification and processing of library materials.
- Performs professional librarian duties including original and copy cataloging, database maintenance and authority control, and data extraction and analysis.
- Assures optimal operation of the bibliographic database. Selects, supervises, and evaluates staff.
- Reports to the Library Systems Manager.
- M.L.S. or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited college supplemented by at least two years of professional experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have working knowledge of AACR2, RDA, MARC formats; Dewey classification, LC Subject Headings; descriptive cataloging practices, and acquisition procedures.
- Proficient using personal computers and business software, ILS and Internet. Microsoft Office and SirsiDynix Symphony experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
EOE. Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
ABBE Regional Library System
314 Chesterfield St., SW
Aiken, SC 29801
UPDATED APRIL 16, 2014