Statement of Intent
The library meeting room is intended primarily for library programs presented by the library staff and the Friends of the Library. When not in use for library-sponsored programming, the meeting room will be available on a first-come, first served basis for programs of a cultural or educational nature. All decisions concerning use will be determined by prior reservation and consideration of building security.
The meeting room is not intended for:
- Social gatherings
- Political purposes
- Religious purposes
- Meetings must be open to the public and the news media.
- Meetings may be held only during the library's regular hours of operation.
- The room must be evacuated 15 minutes before closing.
Library-sponsored programs will have first priority.
- The library reserves the right to pre-empt any meeting due to unforeseen circumstances. Reservations are not transferable if cancelled.
- No fees may be charged or donations solicited by the user for any program or exhibit, other than those sponsored by the Friends of the Library for library fundraising.
- Membership organizations may collect dues at their meetings.
- Education workshops may charge a minimal fee for materials.
Refreshments may be served, but alcoholic beverages are forbidden.
- Smoking is not permitted in any room in the library.
- Children's groups must be supervised by an adequate number of adults. We recommend a ratio of one adult to seven children.
- Set-up and clean-up are the responsibility of the group. The group will be liable for custodial maintenance or repair if the facilities are damaged or soiled to a degree requiring non-routine services.
- The library reserves the right to charge users a reasonable deposit fee, payable in advance. The deposit will be refunded provided the meeting room is left in a clean and orderly condition.
- The library is not responsible for providing equipment or supplies, such as coffee pots, projectors, extension cords, paper or pencils.
- Equipment, etc. belonging to a group may not be stored at the library between meetings.
- The library reserves the right to request users to sign a Meeting Room Contract prior to meeting room use.
- The meeting room can only be reserved for a single meeting by non-library groups.
- An exception is made for a series of classes (not to exceed four). Consecutive series may not be booked.
- Notify the library of any meeting cancellations as soon as possible.
- Granting permission to use library facilities does not constitute an endorsement of the group or its beliefs by the library staff or Board of Trustees.