To use a computer without Internet access:
Any patron may use a computer without public Internet access. There is no sign-in procedure.
There is no set time limit for using these computers, but during busy times, library staff may ask you to yield to someone else after a reasonable amount of time.
Computers may be turned off 15 minutes before closing time.
- Printing must be prepaid at libraries with print management software
- 20¢ per page
- Patrons may not bring their own paper for use in the printers.
Use of personal portable storage devices to access data files and save or download files is permitted from library computers with appropriate capabilities. Operating or installing program files from such devices is prohibited.
Software & Hardware
Patrons may not bring their own software or hardware for use on library computers.
Patrons may not change the hardware or software configurations of library computers.
Staff's ability to assist patrons with computer and Internet use is limited.
Staffing levels or workload may prevent the availability of any assistance.
Violating the Computer Use Policy
- Library computers are to be used for legal purposes only.
- Use of the computers to display or disseminate graphic pornography, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive material is prohibited.
- Staff may end the session of any computer user who violates this policy.
- Violations may result in the loss of Internet, computer, and/or library privileges.
- Illegal use may result in criminal prosecution.