Updated August 16, 2020
All ABBE Libraries are open with limited hours and services. Libraries will open at their regularly scheduled times, but all locations will be closing at 5 p.m. On Saturdays, Aiken County Public Library, Barnwell County Public Library, Bamberg County Public Library, and Edgefield County Public Library will be open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Nancy Carson Library will be open 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Saturdays.
Patrons may visit the library for one hour daily to check out materials, pick up holds, and use the computers.
Curbside Pick-up for holds will continue at all libraries.
Computers are available for one 45-minute session per day, per patron.
Patrons are asked to comply with temporary building capacity limits and practice social distancing. Masks are required to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Regular circulation policies have resumed. Holds will expire after seven days and overdue materials will incur fines. Fine and fee payments can be made by cash or check at library circulation desks or via debit or credit card for totals over $5 at some library locations.
All book drops are open.
In order for us to safely reopen, we will begin with limited services and hours. Patron safety and the safety of staff are important. We look forward to seeing you!
Limited Services Information:
- Curbside holds pickup continues. Please call your ABBE library to schedule a time to pick up your holds.
- Hours of operation are limited to ensure time for cleaning at each library. Please contact or visit your local ABBE library for details on its Temporary Operating Hours.
- A limited number of people at a time may enter each ABBE library. Capacity limits vary by library so please check with your ABBE library for limits.
- Patrons may browse collections for quick grab and go. Self-check kiosks are available at most libraries and use is encouraged.
- Returns are accepted at our book returns and circulation desks.
- Computers are limited to allow for social distancing. Patrons may have one 45-minute computer session per day
- Patrons may apply for library cards
- Patrons may use copier/scan/fax/email services
- Meeting rooms, tutor room, and all other seating is unavailable
- Donations of recently published materials in excellent condition are welcome. We are not able to accept more than five books from a donor.
- Face coverings are required for staff and recommended for patrons
- Library staff is cleaning diligently. There is routine cleaning of touch points throughout each service day.
- Library programming, including our Annual Summer Reading Program, remains virtual. Visit abbelibsc.readsquared.com for more information